A raw food diet strengthens immunity and responsiveness of the organism and prevent complaints associated with an excess of fats, proteins and refined carbohydrates.
From a therapeutic point of view Naturopathic doctors often prescribe diets that are 75-100% raw. In this article we tell you how to introduce more raw food into your diet and the benefits of it.
Which helps to eat more raw foods
A raw diet is high in fiber and organic fluids, low in calories and fair in protein.. Following her helps:
- Lose or maintain weight Meal. Raw food has a low calorie value and fills you up thanks to its high fiber content. They can be consumed in slimming and maintenance diets without any quantity restrictions.
- Longevity. It has an anti-aging effect sincelongevity shines be related to with a low-calorie, low-protein diet.
- constipation. The stimulating effect of the peristalsis of the vegetable fiber of raw vegetables and seaweed can correct this pathology in a few days.
- migraine. A significant percentage of migraines are caused by chronic constipation, which releases toxic substances from the intestinal putrefaction into the bloodstream. The raw food, rich in ferments, digestive enzymes and fiber, is excellent in these cases.
- allergies, The amount of foreign substances we add to food, such as additives, preservatives, antibiotics and hormones from animal-based foods or products derived from deep-frying fats and proteins (histamine), is behind allergies. Eating plenty of raw food or eating raw for a while purifies the body and improves this pathology.
- arthritis. A diet rich in crude oil reduces inflammation, cleanses and regenerates tissues.
- skin problems. Many dermatitis and rashes improve or go away after eating a raw food diet for a few days.
- diabetes. Its high fiber content regulates glucose uptake, and its ferments and enzymes help control type 11 or adult-onset diabetes.
- infections and colds. The richness of vitamin C in crude oils and its immune-stimulating and revitalizing powers help prevent infection and aid in healing.
- Cancer. Crude oil contains a large amount of phytonutrients recognized as anticancer or tumor growth inhibitors (flavonoids, lignans, glucosinolates, phytates, carotenoids, resveratrol…).
What foods can be eaten raw?
Almost all plant foods that we know in our diet can be eaten raw.
You are part of Raw food par excellence.
They stimulate the five senses for their colors, textures and shapes, their aroma, variety of flavors and crunchy sound when chewed. Together with organic sugars, they provide living water (glucose, fructose, sucrose… ), vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, coloring and phytochemicals.
For him Energy supply and high quality fatswithout cholesterol, we must not forget about fruits like olivesfrom which an excellent crude oil is obtained, and the avocadoa healthy vegetable “butter”.
That sweet dried fruitresulting from the desiccation or desiccation of some fruits (raisins, dried figs or plums, dried apricots, dates… ) are a strong energy source that concentrates the nutrients of the fresh fruit without altering them.
vegetables and greens
can be consumed almost everything raw in the salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, asparagus, cucumber, radish, artichoke, cabbage, spinach…) although some They must be cooked to avoid their toxicity (potatoes and eggplant).
They are an excellent source for Fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals.
The family of cruciferous (Cabbage, turnips, radishes… ) and the Liliaceae (onions, garlic, leeks…) have been shown to contain nutrients effective in neutralizing carcinogenic substances and stop their growth once the process has begun.
They also contain significant amounts of protein.
Rich in high-quality fats and nourish the nervous systemcontain a csignificant amount of protein some of them in a higher percentage than meat, although they are consumed in smaller amounts.
If you consume them raw, you will benefit from all of their nutrients (minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, phytosterols… ), something that doesn’t happen when they are roasted or fried (they lose up to 75% of vitamin B1).
Have sunflower, pumpkin or sesame seeds Properties similar to oily nuts when eaten raw.
when they are whole Not only do they provide carbs, fiber and calories, they do too also proteins, minerals and vitamins.
Except for baby corn and untoasted flakes (e.g. oatmeal) They cannot be included in the diet as raw foods, but can be eaten sproutedwith the benefit of providing provitamin A and vitamin C, which are lacking in dry cereals.
can be prepared Bread or pizza base made from sprouted grain like the Essenes, a religious community that lived mainly on raw food.
They are generally inedible in their natural state. since they contain toxic substances and are also indigestible, they have to be cooked.
Nevertheless, young peas and broad beans can be eaten raw and on the other hand, the germination process turns all legumes into a high-quality raw feed.
The large reserves of starch, protein and fat in legumes are already pre-digested in the sprouts, free of antinutrients or toxic factors; Their richness in vitamins, minerals and enzymes gives them great vitality and makes them living foods with great regenerating and cleansing power and relatively few calories.
The most commonly used sprouted legumes are mung beans (green soybeans) and alfalfabut lentils and chickpeas can also be germinated without any problems.
They are foods that are little used in our western culture, however with a long tradition in populations that have lived dependent on the sea. In Japan, for example, ancestral use was associated with longevity.
Algae are the first creatures that were able to convert solar energy into nutrients, so the ones that could They laid the base of the food pyramid.
By consuming them raw, in addition to absorbing high-quality minerals, trace elements, proteins and fiber, we bring the sun’s energy to its maximum expression of order and vitality.
How to get more raw foods into your diet
Crude oils provide all the energy they have and are converted from the sun rich in vitamins, fiber, enzymes and other nutrients that protect health. These are some suggestions to increase its presence in the diet.
- Sour fruit salad like oranges, strawberries, kiwis, pineapples…
- juicy sweet fruit (peach, grape, watermelon, cherimoya…), accompanied by banana.
- Plant-based granola made by crushing raw and soaked overnight oatmealwith apple, pear, sweet and oily nuts, wheat germ and honey.
- fruit. A piece of fruit alone: an apple to whet your appetite or a kiwi to lose weight…
- Natural Juices Carrot, beet, apple, grape, pear, celery…
In the food
Salad. Always a first course Salad with all sorts Raw vegetables (lettuce, escarole, spinach, tomato, cucumber, carrot, beetroot, radish…), fat fruits such as avocado and olives, seaweed, sprouted (soy, alfalfa… ), seed (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame…) and extra virgin olive oil.
At the snack
Mixed salad as the first or only dish.
- apple or pear. For dessert in the naturist world traditionally advised apple or pear.
- papaya or pineapple. Some recommend papaya or pineapple after a protein meal as they are high in protein Digestive ferments that aid in digestion Proteins (papain in papaya and bromelain in pineapple).
How to adapt to a raw diet
Incorporate raw foods into your diet can lead to adjustment problems. The intestinal flora lives at the expense of our diet, i.e. by changing food for a few days, Bloating and indigestion: Some bacteria disappear and new ones begin to colonize the mucous membrane Colon.
You have to consider that too Foods with very few pigments that usually they are didn’t get sunlight because they are buried (onions, garlic…) or surrounded by outer leaves (cabbage, cauliflower, artichoke hearts, lettuce hearts, endive…) are less digestible and produce more gases even if they are healthy.
People with digestive problems who cannot tolerate raw food should resort to anti-inflammatory plants (chamomile, thyme… ) and cooked foods that do not excessively stimulate the acid secretion of the stomach and intestines, gradually incorporating the raw. the natural fruit and vegetable juices They are very helpful in this case.
#Benefits #eat #raw #food